Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weddings n such

UPDATE: I wrote this blog last week and finally got it posted. Enjoy!

Hey everyone, we have been sooo busy lately and I haven't gotten to my blog. One reason is I left my camera in San Diego 2 weekends ago and having been waiting for this weekend when we go back to get it. We went out to go to my brother Cameron's wedding. He married his long term girlfriend Heather who is a total sweetheart. I now have a new sister in law! It was a crazy weekend and Grace got the stomach flu for the first time ever. Poor thing was scared to death but got better quickly and was able to be the flower girl still.
We got in on Friday night to pouring rain, then we had the rehearsal dinner on Saturday night at Stir Fresh a yummy mandarin grill, that you kind of make your own plate thing. It was delish and the kids had a great time playing with their aunt and uncles.
Sunday was the wedding and although it started out raining, the skies dried up (Thank You God) for the ceremony and the reception was held indoors. What a fun party with great food and dancing. Especially for Grace, my little girl was thrilled to be on the dance floor for hours with the adults and she danced her little heart out. Aaron did well too, and fell asleep in his Memaw's arms despite being in the loud room with the dj.
And now we are getting ready to head out again on Thursday night. We have a late flight and did that on purpose so that the kids will hopefully sleep. At least Aaron! We are so excited to be visiting family and also going camping out in the desert for Thanksgiving!
Daddy is going to be coming back early because he has to work and he has a new job that he has really been enjoying. He has been working for about 2 weeks and is so much happier.
I finally felt the baby on Saturday. It was so great and I can't wait to be able to feel it more. I may have decided to find out the sex of the baby though. I was organizing kid clothes and went under my porch to the cold storage and counted 14 boxes/bags/tubs of varying sizes and fullness of boy and girl clothes! So I may find out to get rid of some of those. But I do still have a month to decide. I scheduled my ultrasound and because we are leaving on Thursday and I won't be back home until Dec 12th and then K will be in Rhode Island for training for 2 weeks we scheduled the appointment for Dec 19th. So I will be 21 or 22 weeks so they will be able to see a lot too.
Grace has been so excited about the baby and when she climbs on me and accidentally knees me in the stomach or something she goes, "Oh I am sorry baby." She is just too precious. I can't believe she is almost 3! I told her she has to ask Santa for a toddler bed for Christmas and she thinks she is getting one for sure now! lol We are getting her one for Christmas and I have tried to find one already before we left, but haven't been successful, so hopefully it will be easy when we get back.
K and Aaron were sick last night and that is a bummer. But I think they are both on the road to recovery. Aaron just had a fever and it seemed to have broken. And Daddy had the stomach flu and spent today resting his achy bones. Poor guy. But at least now instead of on vacation, I say. I feel great and finally gained some weight with this pregnancy. Had my prenatal on Monday and I think I had gained 5 pounds even though I have had a bump forever it seems!
Well I gotta wrap up this blog and I will try to post again with pictures of the kids from my cell phone.
Night!

No comments: