Thursday, December 15, 2011

Some more San Diego Pics

I know I haven't blogged in SO long.  Blogger made me update and it hasn't been as convenient as it used to be.  I decided to try to upload some pictures tonight and it actually went pretty quickly.  Unfortunately I don't have the patience or desire to do a long post tonight.  We had a great time in San Diego visiting with everyone.  A couple of pictures of Grace with her Papou on the carousel. And then some of the kids at the beach.  They had a blast playing in the sand.

 Of course I couldn't get them to both look at me at the same time.  Our flight home on Monday was a wreck.  We left my mom's house for the airport at 930am for a 11am flight.  The flight was delayed.  It was then delayed further while we sat on the tarmac waiting for a turn to use the runaway.  (It was pouring rain and we were a heavy flight packed to the gills.) Our flight was delayed an hour and an half total.  Suffice to say we missed our connecting flight.  On the way out of the bathroom with the kids, the flight attendant told me that if we were going to Salt Lake then we would staying on that plane in Oakland and going to Seattle (for a 2 hr flight) and then another 2 hr flight from Seattle to SLC.  I about died.  5 months pregnant with a 3 year old and a walking 14 month old on my lap. During lunch time.  Yeah they are not going to make it on peanuts.  I am not going to make it on peanuts! In Oakland they let me get off the plane and run and get some food.  Of course they only fancy schmancy food close by.  So I ordered $30 worth of sandwiches (not Subway) to take on the plane.  Which of course they just picked at. (I really don't blame them...I didn't think much of them either)  I only wish the Subway had been closer!  There was a sweet flight attendant that took Aaron and let him walk up and back down the aisle during that first flight.  Thankfully the two 2 hr flights were not full and we had the aisle to ourselves.  I had our stuff spread all over and boy did we make a mess, but after that first flight I really didn't care.  I was so ready to get off that plane in Salt Lake I had to choke back the tears.  Never flying Southwest again with young children.  They don't have straight flights from SD to SLC anymore, so it was supposed to be about 2 90 min flights and a plane change.  BUT... the kids were so good considering they were stuck on a plane and my lap mostly ALL day, because we didn't land until just about 8pm Monday night.  Then there was a nice lady to help me get all my stuff, I am so thankful for her too.

And now we are home safe and sound getting back into the swing of things here.  Had a prenatal appointment on Tuesday and apparently I gained 6 pounds while in SD...too much yummy good food! lol And my uterus is measuring ahead of schedule for how far along I am.  So that leads me to believe another early baby is on the way.  Wednesday we had playgroup and it was great catching up with my friends and letting the kids play.  Today I cleaned house a bit trying to organize day by day and pulled out some Christmas decorations.  We have to get the tree when Daddy gets back and of course we will have a million things to do with him when he does, but we will figure that out this weekend.  He comes home on Saturday afternoon and I for one am so excited to see him.  It has been 3 weeks and we need our daddy back home!  I think maybe some errands for tomorrow and hopefully some more packages will arrive.  It's funny Grace is so used to K getting packages delivered for his work that having 3 huge boxes in our front room 2 of which are for her and Aaron doesn't even phase her! Good thing she can't read they are from Amazon and not Daddy's work! LOL
Hope everyone is having a great holiday so far and I will try to get some more pictures uploaded soon.

No comments: