Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas 2012

Hi all It's Sunday afternoon and I decided to take a quick minute or 10 to update my blog.  It's been so long since I updated we have been super busy and I was waiting to get the first year of my blog printed so I can ideally delete it.  I think by deleting the first year than I will have enough free memory left to upload more pictures.

Not sure when I will be able to do that, but know its on my mind.  Like I said, I have been so busy this month between Christmas activities and working out.  Before December I did a craft with the kids and we made our very own/first advent calendar.  That has been fun trying to incorporate activities into our December, but kept me on my toes.

Also the beginning of December I borrowed an exercise program from my sister in law called Insanity and started it.  You may have seen the infomercial for it.  It is supposed to be the hardest workout ever put on a DVD. And let me tell you it is HARD.  I am 4 weeks in and going to be starting my recovery week on Monday and then it starts up hard again the following week.  But it has been so worth it.  So far in one month I have lost 1 1/2 inches off my thighs, 1/2 inch off my arms and calves and 1 inch off my hips and bra band.  I can't WAIT to see how the next months results.  I am getting stronger and more toned.  Getting the muscles I wanted.  It's a 6 day a week workout and Sundays are our rest days, so today I am taking it easy, which is nice. I am definitely feeling how hard it is and have to ice my knees and make sure I stretch really good each time, but am finding it enjoyable.

K has been working lots of hours. The week before Christmas I think he worked 60 hours.  But he had the week of Christmas and this week off which has been kind of nice.  Well when he isn't doing extra side work for his new business!

The kids are doing well and Grace is my smart big girl.  She loves getting on my computer and doing 'letters', she has been learning to read and sounding out small words.  Sometimes I would write down on a piece of paper the activity we would do for the advent calendar and help Grace sound them out.  She is doing well with it.  She also got a bike for Christmas and although we haven't had a chance to take it outside and ride it yet(too much snow) she has enjoyed it in the hallway.

Aaron also got a bike for Christmas that he enjoys in our hallway.  His is called a Strider bike and it doesn't have pedals.  It's meant for 2 year olds+ to learn to balance before they get a bike.  I think he will have it mastered in no time.  Aaron is also learning to put his shoes on (he got some new Crocs for Christmas) and learning his ABC's.  He is kind of shy about singing them.  He just recently got his haircut again and the blond is fading and getting darker. :( Which makes a mommy a bit sad.  He is still a skinny boy but when he is going through a growth spurt he can really put down some food! He got some Lightening McQueen underwear for Christmas but I think we are going to hold off on the potty training for a little bit longer, he only is interested sometimes.  I think by summer if he hasn't become more interested then we will put a little bit more energy into full time potty training then.

Our little Sarah peanut is a spitfire.  Well both girls are really, I am going to have my hands full in several years.  She is crawling, crawling, crawling.  I think she will be walking soon.  She has the desire to walk and tries often, she just doesn't have the core strength and balance to get far.  She LOVES Grace especially and Grace can always crack her up and make her laugh.  The big kids will play some game where they are growling at each other and Sarah will start growling at them from her high chair.  She loves eating big food like us and is fazing out the baby food.  She loves Cuties Clementines, and french fries and most anything that isn't too hard for her to eat.  Which is a nice change from our learning to be picky big kids.  The only thing I wish was that she was a better night time sleeper.  It seems like the older she gets the less she sleeps during the night and that she is a light sleeper.  It's quite frustrating since she is getting bigger now, I don't want to be getting up as much and she has the LOUDEST, most PISSED OFF scream you ever did hear.  It really is quite terrible. 

So that is what we have been up too, hopefully life is treating you all just as good!

No comments: