Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Went to playgroup today. The only other mom in the group J who has 3 kids has decided to take over playgroup which I am so thankful for. So we had it at her house today. She has a great backyard that is huge and chickens and a garden. Her oldest two girls are 3 and almost 2 and then she has a little boy who is about 3 months younger than Aaron I believe. Grace loved hanging out with the girls. We are going to try to do a small bible study about being a mom as well and I am so thankful for her deciding to do this. Myself and another mom had considered co hosting it, but really this will be so much better for me as I get underway with this third pregnancy. Plus J is so understanding as she has 3 in the same age range as we will. She is a sweet heart!
After playgroup we swing through Micka-Donalds (as Grace would say) and that is the only time Aaron slept. From playgroup through the drive thru and then to the grocery store where I wolfed my sandwich down before getting the kids up and out.
We had no milk and I needed some essentials for a dinner I planned tonight and some fruit. Aaron loves fruit. I got these delicious huge green seedless grapes and I was biting them in half for him this afternoon for a snack and he was just going to the bowl himself and stuffing them into his mouth. I guess he feels pretty tough now that he has a top and bottom tooth! :)
I made an Asian dinner tonight. I went with a recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network but didn't follow it exactly. It was good because we had all of the ingredients already which would have been really expensive otherwise. But I made a talapia fish with an Asian dressing and panko breadcrumbs which was ok. I also made some sauteed fresh green beans with sesame seeds and then my favorite an Asian noodle salad with snap peas. That was delicious and will make that again and add a few things.

Yeah so Aaron and Grace both went down for a nap at 2 but Aaron did not sleep at all! He kept banging on the wall and cooing and then he would fuss and I went in once and gave him his lion and his paci again. Then the next time I went in and changed a poopy diaper and I thought for sure he would sleep then because he hates sleeping in a yucky diaper-but no. Finally I just got him up. Not sure what his deal was. Oh and the other night by the way he did not get sick so I am thankful for that. He did fuss like I said but then I didn't hear a peep out of him the rest of the night. So tonight he was so fussy that he went to bed at 730 and he was ready for it. Here he is with his lion.

This is the ladder off of Aarons firetruck. As you can see it has a little present in it. Those are broken crayon pieces that I think were meant to be some sort of cargo. Nice.

K and I are going to try to plan a date night for Saturday, I think it will be something we both really need. There are lots of things going on right now and hopefully the stress level will be lessened for us by Friday. We are excited for new things coming.

No comments: