Saturday, February 2, 2013

What we have been doing....

Now that I have gotten my camera charged I can download the pictures of the kiddos. Most of these pictures are from early in January.  This is one right after the kids got up from their naps(thus the reason Aaron still has his paci in his mouth).  I just love that he is snuggling his 'Papadaddy Bear'.
 These pictures were taken at the Living Planet Aquarium, we went for a birthday party (we hadn't ever been before) and the kids got to play with these computers in the party room, before walking around the Aquarium.

 I just love this picture of Sarah, her hair was sticking up and so funny! Such bright eyes!
 Our sweet Grace on her birthday.  Gosh it's so hard to think that she is 4 already.  We went to Fridays for dinner and they sang Happy Birthday to her, which I don't think has ever happend at a resturant.  Her eyes got huge and she just loved it!  Lately her favorite thing to do is sing. And she learns the words so fast! She loves Little Big Town and we jam out all the time to Pontoon and Tornado (those are her favorites) but she knows a lot of the words to most of the CD.  She surprised me the other day by singing the words to a baby toy of Sarah's. Such a clever girl she is.

Today we had to go pick up our first order of grass fed beef.  K and I have talked about buying a cow or half cow or something like that for a few years now and the timing was just never right.  Well my sister in law's neighbor was putting together a group buy so that multiple people could get a smaller portion of meat.  So we jumped in and purchased.  The only bummer thing was that the pick up time was during nap time today.  And K had to work again today. I was just going to keep the kids up and then put them all down to bed early.  However the pick up time got pushed back to 4pm so they ended up having short naps.  We went and picked up our meat and it was way cooler because they separated it all up for us.  I thought that it was going to take awhile but each person's buy was packaged in it's own travel cooler box thingy. SO nice!

I finished Insanity today! I followed through and did the 60 day program.  I think I have lost almost 12 lbs from Insanity and lots of inches.  Mainly my clothes fit way better, and I will soon need to be buying another pair of smaller jeans. (Which is fine by me.)  Next week I am going to start P90X another extreme workout program from Beachbody.  It's a 90 day program that has more strength training focus. I am really looking forward to the strength training aspect of it.  Next week will just be my 'recovery week' from Insanity and learning the new forms and getting acquaited with the program. And then I will officially start the following Monday, that way I can have good form with the moves and spend my time more wisely.  Since I do my workouts during afternoon naps typically it's important for me to get downstairs and get busy (especially if I want a shower afterwards!)

Sarah has been doing good, she is still working hard to get those top teeth pushed through but they are being stubborn-like her! She is the funniest little baby in how observant she is.  She will just watch you, and you can tell how she is thinking.  But she loves to play as well.  You can pick her up and she will just throw her head back with not a care in the world if your going to catch her or not.  She started learning the stairs at Grandma's a week or 2 ago and is pretty fearless about going up any stairs now.  I am NOT ready for her to learn stairs, but I guess if she is going to walk soon, then stairs need to be learned as well.  Her sleeping was going good there for a few days, sleeping straight through from 8p-3am and then until 7:30am.  But then a few restless nights messed that up again.  Except last night she slept the best ever from 8pm-4:30am! I just wish I didn't have to get up and let the dogs out at 2am! Pssht! Dogs! It is nice not having to buy baby food, she is a pretty good eater and LOVES bananas.  The pediatrician said we could introduce whole milk in order to help wean her from nursing.  Although she isn't a big fan of it and has never tolerated formula.  I still nurse her before afternoon naps and at bedtime and first thing in the morning and then depending on the night, sometimes in the middle of the night.  Her naps are pretty good, 1hr morning nap and 2 hour afternoon nap.  She isn't walking yet, which I totally thought she would be the way she watches her siblings, but she once she gets the balance thing, she will be taking off.  She still thinks Grace is a hoot and will crack a hug smile any time.  I love that Grace loves her sister so much. 

Aaron is getting to be such a big boy.  He is always telling me, "NO, I do it!!!" And wants to do everything himself.  We even started potty training a little bit.  Every time I change him now I ask him if he wants to go potty and he usually tells me no.  But the other day I asked and he wanted to (I think Grace encouraged that somewhat) and so we ended up getting his Buzz LightYear underwear on (his new favorite by the way) and after having one accident he was running around with just his shirt on.  The he actually made it to the toilet the 2nd time! All on his own, it was great.  Of course that hasn't happened again, but I probably ought to get those Buzz Lightyear underwear washed so he can be interested again.

K has been working CRAZY hours lately, so we have been just trying to get through this time.  About 2 weeks ago he worked like 86 hours and then last week we all got sick, starting with Sarah.  Then K, Grace and me just a little.  Then Aaron finally got it on Wednesday.  But only Sarah and Daddy got the vomiting part. He had to work again today and unfortunately it is looking like he will be working again tomorrow afternoon if his parts come like expected. 

Speaking of a package delivered the other day from them and was so annoyed.  Since 2 Christmas's ago I have started putting a sign on the door not to ring the bell during nap time.  Because Kayla barks and then it wakes the babies.  So earlier this week I was sitting in my room and the doorbell rang and of course Kayla was inside (because it's been so cold) and she barks her head off.  So I make my way to the door (while I hear Sarah wake and start crying) and there is the FedEx guy (don't send things FedEx BTW..always go UPS if you can they are so much better for a host of reasons I can explain in another post...but that's just me) heading back out to his truck.  I open the door and yell, "Hey! Didn't you see the sign???!!!" He says something I can't understand, "I have babies napping!" And then he goes on to yell that the sign was backwards (it had flipped around on its scotch tape when K had left that morning).  So then I say, "Sorry." and shut the door.  Even more annoyed for apologizing to HIM when obviously he saw that there was a sign and didn't take the time to read it or even think that, "Hey maybe I just don't ring the bell this time, just in case."

Ok well time to get off the computer, the hubs has finally finished his paperwork! Hope your having a good weekend! 

No comments: