Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hogle Zoo

I knew I had another field trip/event to post pictures of and it was when we went to Utah's Hogle Zoo! This face is priceless. I promise promise promise that I will get K's baby picture up soon and you all can see how identical Aaron and Daddy are. Grace and her friend Aiden, he just turned 2! Sweet boy.




Mommy and Grace at the elephants.




Aaron, Grace and the kids looking at the baby lemurs playing. Nothing cuter than a baby lemur.



We played stroller swap halfway through. Ransom (Grace's other buddy who turns 3 in September) wanted to ride with Grace and the seat was open because Ransom's grandmother was holding Aaron. Then she put him down in Ransom's stroller. He was happy to be sitting up and getting graham cracker crumbs all over.















Grace and Ransom holding hands! Ransom is so tall and even though he is only 4 months older than Grace he is a lot taller!








I had pumped that morning because I think Aaron had slept straight through the night so he got a bottle that morning and was holding it himself. He liked it cold too.




Lunchtime!




Waiting in line for the little train.




Mommy, Grace and Aaron riding the train.




Well tomorrow is the bridal shower and all the planning and preparing I have been doing will finally come to fruition. I can't wait. It should be a lot of fun. I also can't wait to see the cake I ordered. K helped me tonight with a sign I needed printed and it was so sweet of him to run out and take care of it after dinner. (I think he is ready to have his house back to normal and to not be in the midst of planning something or going somewhere.)



We got our vacuum back last night and K vacuumed today while I finished up shower decorations and it works great. It was nice to not have dog hair everywhere. With both dogs blowing their coats it was an insane time to not have a vacuum.



I think that Aaron must be going through a growth spurt because all this week he has been waking up at between 4 or 5am. And let me tell you I am beat when he does because I have been going to bed so late. He is crawling pretty good now. Its not a cordinated hands and knees crawl, but more of a kick with a leg crawl. Or sometimes he inches on his stomach, then sits back up, then pivots then trys again. Also today I watched him try to stand straight up without putting his hands down for balance. If I grab his hands when he is standing then he tries to take steps. My favorite time with him is in the morning. He always wakes up so happy. This morning we were commenting how he is an early bird, like his great grandfather. I think that is so funny. He has been hayfevering a lot though poor kid. Which is a bummer because I can't really treat him for allergies.



Grace is doing super well with her potty training. We had to run errands this morning and I must have taken her to the bathroom twice in the 3 stores we were in! But we didn't have any accidents (I was doubly worried about that because she had musecli (oatmeal) for breakfast this morning and than can give her a bad diaper rash)



I can't believe my sweet little girl is growing up! Tonight she had the rest of her chocolate and peanut butter ice cream and she was sharing it with Aaron. He loved it too was more mad when it was all gone than she was! Grace kept kissing Aaron's head and then after the ice cream was all gone I looked and Aaron had all of these chocolate kisses all over his head!



On a side note our garden is doing mostly well. The seeds I planted a couple weeks ago are growing. Grace helped with that, so maybe thats why! Although she also "helped" un plant my blackberries and raspberries too! The tomatoes are struggling a bit it looks like the bugs are getting them and the pepper plants are struggling a lot. So we will see.



Time to get in bed, I have a busy day tomorrow!



I sure do hope you all are having as wonderful of a summer as we are!







No comments: