Wednesday, June 29, 2011

'Nightmare Before Wedding' Bridal Shower

My sister in law Crystal is getting married and I threw her a Nightmare Before Christmas themed bridal shower. For those of you who don't know what that movie is about (I had to watch it again myself, I had only seen it once) it's about Jack the pumpkin king lives in Halloween Land and he is very good at being the pumpkin king. But then he discovers a door to Christmas Land and loves Christmas. He loves it so much that he wants to do Santa's job. But Sally is kind of like a female Frankenstein and she thinks Jacks idea is not so great. She tries to tell him (like all good women do) but he doesn't listen until its too late and Christmas is ruined...almost. Then they fix it and fall in love. So since Crystal loves that movie I wanted to theme the party towards that. The pictures I took of the guest kept coming out blurry so I only post a couple.

I invited the guests to wear their favorite black and white outfit and a lot of them did! Here is the bride, looking fabulous in her black and white.



Crystal, Janeen, Aryann and Darci. Aryann is a bridesmaid and she is the mom to the kids I watch. And Darci is her mom.




A picture of the cake. I couldn't decide if they made the cake to lean on purpose or if they just did a bad job.

I kind of think they just got away with having a crooked cake because it was NBC themed and they could.

The present table. I got a bunch of the decorations at a garage sale.


I love this. In the movie when Jack is telling everyone back in Halloween land about Christmas he sings a song and says, This is a thing called a present. I found that picture holder and spray painted it black.

Ok here is the food...Don't these jalapeno poppers look so good? They were SUPER HOT though. I mean I felt terrible because I thought a little bit if spicy was good, I know Crystal likes spicy, but they were pretty much unbearable. Although I took the rest home and froze them but we have added one here and there to different things we have cooked. A little bacon and cream cheese and jalapeno to our fresh spinach was yummy.


These sausage wraps were yummy. They tasted like biscuits and gravy in a hot pocket. Yum!

Black and White everything. I got tiny little antibacterial hand sanitizers for like .60 each and gave them little aprons with some lace I got at the garage sale. I thought they were cute.

The punch bowl, with the bride and grooms initials. I downloaded the NBC font online for free and found some shiny white metallic paper that was super fun.



Oh I got these floral pieces at Michaels and added some glossy black spray paint and black glitter. They turned out awesome!

Another garage sale find. They had music notes attached to them. Didn't need those, but the metallic were perfect!


Another phrase from the movie. That flower was like almost practically the same flower that Sally pics the petals off of in the movie.

I wished I had gotten some more close up pics of everything, but I was running around kind of crazy. It turned out way fun.


As for today, we had a good day but very busy. Last night Aaron had a bad night. He was awake at midnight, 3am, and 5am. Turns out that his little whizzer has an infection and I am sure he woke up when he went potty in his diaper because it was sore and it stung. My poor boy. So we went to the doc this afternoon and he told us to keep putting an antibiotic cream on it and clean it every night in the bath. I just feel so bad for letting that happen. But on a side note he is cruising with his crawling. After we got groceries this afternoon I went and got a snow cone for all of us to share. And Aaron loved it! At one point Grace put the cup down and I had never seen that boy crawl so fast and so well! All in one day! So he is on the move these days.

Grace is cruising along with her potty training as well. We were out and about all day and she didn't have an accident. Of course we are still going tinkle a bunch of times per store, but she is just doing great. It amazes me how she learns so quick. Like how she hops up on the toilet just fine. She is so smart. Oh and I have to write this down. I love how she says McDonalds. She has been all about the McDonalds toys lately because Annabel will bring hers over sometimes. So she says, "I want my Micka Donalds toys."

My sweet Grace-don't grow up.

Love Mommy

No comments: