Monday, October 3, 2011

October orange

On Saturday we made a trip to Home Depot to get the last set of blinds for over the kitchen sink and drapes for the sliding glass door. Since Aaron was wearing orange and the cart was orange I couldn't resist taking a couple of pics with my phone. Especially since Grace's first ride in a cart was at Home Depot and she also was wearing orange. As you can see they had a blast.

After Home Depot we went home for naps before K and I got ready for our date night. Grandma and Aunt L were coming over at 5 to watch the kiddos for us. We headed up to one of our favorite nice Chinese restaurants called The Manderin, however they were closed! So we called PF Changs and made a reservation for 630 there and were able to slide right in. It was just as delicious as the other place too.

Afterwards we didn't really feel like a movie and hit the town and checked out cars for sport before heading home a little early. Truth be told I was kind of beat and we sat with the ladies and chit chatted about the kids for a little while.

Sunday brought sleeping in, a trip to 2nd service at church before heading home for lunch and naps. After naps (of which Aaron's was terrible! He woke up crying after 30 minutes of sleep and we had to go then and was pretty cranky for the next hour) we headed off to the grocery to pick up some meat to BBQ for a going away party for a playgroup family. We had a blast though and the kids got to play on the playground and Aaron walked and crawled all over.

Today Aaron woke up around 630 and I got him a bottle (I am no longer nursing him, he kinda decided he didn't want to do that anymore when I started giving him soy milk) and hoped he would go back to sleep. He didn't of course but Daddy was up at that hour anyway and so he changed his diaper and put him back down and he slept past 830! Which I was fine with because I was beat.

Since he woke up so late I didn't put down for a morning nap and hoped (again ) that he would take a longer afternoon nap. However he didn't although he did wake up pretty happy so I didn't try to put him back down.

He was walking a lot today. He would take a bunch of steps like 5 or 6 at one time before falling and he was so proud of himself. He kept smiling about it. I guess it's time for me to get him some more shoes. He has one pair that we have as a hand me down, but I have been holding off on buying some more because it has been summer and he hasn't been walking yet. Now that summer is coming to a close and the boy is actually walking I guess it's time for his mom to get him some real shoes! :)

It was a pretty good day today and I got some house cleaning down. Tomorrow time to finish up the remaining laundry and clean the bathroom.


No comments: