Saturday, January 7, 2012

SNOW DAY!!!!

We woke up this morning to snow! Finally! I think it snowed once in November while we were away in San Diego and so we were ready for some snow.  It has just not seemed like winter without snowy weather.  Don't get me wrong, I am still Summer Girl coming to you live from my blog, however I have come to appreciate my four seasons and it just makes me love summer more when I have a nice cold snowy winter. Besides it gives me a chance to wear my scarves, hats and mittens and my kids too!  Speaking of kids...are these snow babies not the cutest kids you ever did see? Luckily we still had the original snow suit that Grace wore for 2 winters.  It's an 18 month and fir Aaron perfectly.  Plus it's for a boy so really it was just too cute!!! He even kept his hands in the little mittens which Grace never did at his age.  She doesn't have snow pants right now, however she is also oblivious to being cold I think.  She got to wear her new snow boots I got her and I had to force her to wear her jacket.  I might try to find her some waterproof gloves because her little cotton gloves got soaked of course.  She eventually told daddy that her hands were cold. 


 Throwing a snow ball.

 Making foot prints.
 At first Aaron wasn't so sure about this stuff called snow, however then he warmed up to it when he saw his big sister running in the snow. His little marshmallow suit is so cute!!

 Watching Daddy shovel the walk.
 Smiling at mommy.
 Eating snow.  She often prefers eating it to playing with it...you would think we don't feed her or something.I have to watch her like a hawk when we are out and about because you never know where she is going to grab some snow from.  Fresh snow in our front yard is one thing but...yeah yuck.

Today was such a great day.  Daddy let me sleep in because I haven't been feeling exactly so good the last couple of days.  I have like swollen lymph nodes in my neck or something.  I dunno, kinda of like a sore throat but not.  I can still eat and drink, but it hurts when I swallow and have been a bit congested.  Since I am pregnant and can take meds on a limited basis, my sleep is by best asset to keeping me healthy.  Felt about 70% better this morning and the kids had a blast playing in the snow.  Then we headed out to Costco to pick up a billion things we needed that were in the coupon booklet (love that!) I don't think we impulsed bought one thing! Then lunch and returned a couple things at Target (no line, also great!).  Mailed something for Daddy and picked up my third and last book in the trilogy I am reading.  The Girl that Kicked the Hornets Nest.  One last stop at Home Depot for some gift cards before home again.  We scavenged the house for whatever for dinner and Aaron had yummy oatmeal with peanut butter and honey for the first time.  I was nervous he wouldn't like it but he did! He is such a picky eater sometimes it just drives me crazy.  Sometimes I think he gets away with too much because he doesn't really talk yet-however we have been working on stopping that.  :)
Grace has been doing pretty good with her toddler bed.  I think 50% of the time she falls out of bed because she is such an active sleeper. The other night I put her back to bed when I checked on her and then she slept until almost 9am before I woke her up and she was again on the floor.  Naps are another thing though, sometimes we get a good nap but yesterday was the second day we tried to have a nap without a diaper and she came into my room twice to go potty and was up and down.  Although at least she doesn't call out, "MOM!!" every morning when she wakes up.  She used to stay in her bed and just yell for me.  I don't know whether it was good that she was staying in bed still or bad that she was yelling for me at the top of her lungs. lol  I told her a couple of times that she couldn't yell and wake up her brother.  This morning when K took Aaron downstairs and let Grace and I sleep, the dogs pushed our door open, and I think Grace woke up and saw me still asleep in bed.  So she shut her door and turned her light on and was reading books.  I woke up at about 830 and saw her light on and wasn't sure if she was in there or downstairs with daddy.  I was happily surprised to see her reading quietly.  So maybe we are working a system out. 
I posted our desk online to try to sell it and have not had one call, and I thought we priced it pretty aggressively.  Boo.  I am not sure what I want to do.  I know I want it out of Aaron's room before K leaves in a couple of weeks for another week of training back east, but I am not sure if I want to just store it in a few pieces in the garage or sell it for way cheap or even give it away.  I thought the new year would be a good time to sell a desk, what with New Years Resolutions some people want to organize. 
We have got lots to do tomorrow, Grandma is hosting a birthday dinner for Grace and her 2 uncles and I have to make a list.  The presidential debate is over and it's time to put a movie on! Night! 

No comments: