Thursday, January 13, 2011

3 Months

Hey how YOU doing?? I just love this pic. I forgot I had taken it on my phone last week or so. Daddy had propped him up like this and I had to take a pic. I took this pic last night, trying to get a smile. My mom thought his new hair that is coming in will be blond, and I think she may be right.
Me and my boy. He does have the sweetest most charming smile when he smiles.

Grace had her 1st candy cane a couple weeks ago while we took down the Christmas decorations.
She sure did enjoy it dontcha think?
Look at my Gracie, her face is getting thinner and she is losing her baby chub. Boo.

Aaron is 3 months old today and he smiles a lot now and coos all the time as well. He goes to bed between 9-10pm on most nights (except for tonight, tonight he is fussing and trying my patience, so daddy is doing the butt patting and rocking the boy to sleep so I can finish this post)(Thank You Daddy)and sleeps about 4-5 hours at first then wakes up about 2ish and then 4 or 5ish and then about 8ish. He also takes a long nap during the day about 3-4 hours sometime between 10-12. I prefer early more like a 10-2pm nap, but her has been going through a growth spurt recently and nursing more. Plus we ran out of his meds for his reflux so that was making him more fussy as well. Today he has been on it again so it looks like we are turning that around.
I am also LOVING my cloth diapers! Really I am! And I got my order of 12 more yesterday so I don't have to do laundry everyday. (We only had 10 before and now we have 22) I told my husband tonight I love changing Aaron's diaper now. I love all the colors (except for white, its so boring) I love how they look and feel. I love how they hold up his bigger clothes. I love that I don't have to spend more money on diapers and how when my kids are totally out of diapers I can resell them and ideally get half of my money back. I also love that I picked the FuzziBunz One Size Pocket Diaper. This particular brand I love because I don't have to buy a bigger diaper when he gets bigger. It did take my husband and I some time to adjust all of the elastics in the legs but so worth it!
I am loving being at home with my kids. I am loving that I get to get my routine and house in order and have the time to do it and finds what works for us. I am loving cooking dinners for us tonight and experimenting with new recipes.
So here is a quick story about what we have been dealing with lately. A couple of days ago in the morning before her left for work my hubby was telling me he was itching and had a rash on his armpits and groin area. (Nothing super unusual because his skin is super sensitive). When he got home and was telling me about his day he said he was super itching all over and when he took his clothes off his rash had spread all over his upper torso. His allergist (remember he is getting immune therapy for his allergies, allergy shots) told him to take some Bendryl and he did. I was concerned and thought well in a couple hours if that doesn't help we are going to the ER. Well in a couple hours his sister came home and they ended up going to the ER because the rash had spread down his legs too. He was at the ER till probably 130am with an IV and they pumped him full of Benadryl and Epiniphren (sp?) to counteract the rash and then the drowsiness from the Benadryl. He had a follow up with his allergist this morning and that doc admitted he didn't think it was hives and to see an immunologist. So hubby is on an host of drugs (the rash is 98% gone but he is still itching) and we have been racking our brains to come up with anything he has encountered lately that was new to his system. I think he is going to try to get into the on Tuesday, unless he can find a sooner appointment.
It seems like every time I turn around I am writing about some health issue our family is having or more specifically some health issue he is having. At least he is not a hypochondriac because I am the one always pushing going to the doc. :) Hopefully we can figure out what he is so violently allergic to that made his skin breakout so quickly.
So needless to say I really didn't sleep well that night and then was like a zombie yesterday, but conked out early last night and felt much better and able to make it to the grocery today! Amazing what sleep will do for you eh?

I finally was able to get a little bit of smiling and cooing on video. The problem is every time he smiles he moves his head up and every time I get the camera or cell phone all he sees is the camera and doesn't look at me. When I don't have an picture taking device in hand he smiles for me all the time! Go figure!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I LOVE the new look to your blog!! Beautiful!
Oh my gosh, that smile is so sweet! He's getting so big and changing so. And you're right, Grace's face is losing the baby fat. Miss those sweet kiddos so much!
So sorry to hear that Kent is having such a rough time of it right now. Hope his docs can find out what is going on--give him our love!